This newsroom will contain a summary of each presentation, along with the accompanying PowerPoint and audio file. Printed proceedings may be purchased for $25 (CD copies for $10) by contacting Nancy Weiss, Colorado State University Extension assistant, at 970-491-7604.
If you would like to reprint any of the following materials, please refer to the Site Copyright Guide page and to the editor’s note at the bottom of each summary.
Please note: Text will turn blue when link is activated and material is available for viewing.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
- Welcome by Lance Perryman, Colorado State University
- Setting the Stage: Where We’ve Been and Where We Are Today by Jim Lauderdale, Lauderdale Enterprises
- Physiological Principals of the Estrous Cycle by Michael Smith, University of Missouri
- Understanding Postpartum Anestrus and Puberty by Jack Whittier, Colorado State University
- Synchronization Protocols for Heifers by David Patterson, University of Missouri
- Synchronization Protocols for Cows by Cliff Lamb, University of Florida
- Protocol Sheets/Estrus Synchronization Planner by Sandy Johnson, Kansas State University Research and Extension
- Remembering Roy Wallace’s Impact on Our Business by Jim Lauderdale
- Question-and-Answer Session
- Audio (3.4 MB mp3)
- Bob Taylor: A Legacy to Remember by Tom Field, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Keynote Address: Reality Check: If AI Is So Good, Why Are We Challenged with Its Use in Commercial Beef Operations? by Ivan Rush, University of Nebraska
- Management Factors Influencing Fertility in Synchronized and Natural Breeding Programs by George Perry, South Dakota State University
- Nutritional Influences on Reproduction by Rick Funston, University of Nebraska
- Producer Panel Discussion: Implementing an AI Program and the Benefits moderated by Willie Altenberg, Genex. Panelists: Carl Hansen, Hansen Ranch, Livermore, Colo.; Kevin Miller, Croissant Red Angus, Briggsdale, Colo.; and Laura Teague, Teague Diversified, Fort Morgan, Colo.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
- Genetic Selection for Fertility and Performance by Denny Crews, Colorado State University
- Insemination-Related Factors Affecting Fertilization in Estrus-synchronized Cattle by Richard Saacke, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- Industry Application of Technology in Male Reproduction by Jim Graham, Colorado State University
- Using Natural Service: Bull Management Considerations by Roger Ellis, Colorado State University
- Marketing Advantages for Calves With Performance and Source Information by Casey Gabel, Cattle-Fax
- Question-and-Answer Session
- Audio (2.5 MB mp3)
- New Advancements in Technology by George Seidel, Colorado State University
- Diseases of Concern in Reproduction: BVD and Trichomoniasis by Bob Mortimer, Colorado State University
- High-Mountain Disease: Why Are We Concerned About It with AI Programs? by Tim Holt, Colorado State University
- What Does the Future Look Like for Application of Reproductive Technology? by Ronnie Green, Pfizer Animal Genetics
Hosted by ...
Other API event sites ...
- Cattle Industry Convention
- Beef Improvement Federation
- National Angus Conference
- Range Beef Cow Symposium
Visit API's topic library ...
The topic sites in our library offer gateways to information on body condition scoring, beef cow efficiency, country-of-origin labeling, targeting the Certified Angus Beef® brand and more.