Please note: This page is under construction. Text will turn blue when link is activated and material is available for viewing.
If you would like to reprint any of the following materials, please refer to the Site Copyright Guide page and to the editor’s note at the bottom of each summary.
Quick Links to Speakers
- Monday: Barth | Corah | Cushman | Dahlen | Dalton | Gonda | Johnson | Lamb | Moes | Mousel | Patterson | Schiefelbein | Smith | Stroud | Van Eenennaam
- Tuesday: Bridges | Chase | Cooke | Daly | Funston | Hall | Hasler | Lake | Lamb | Lucy | Perry | Seidel | Wright
how do you profit from reproduction?
- How I profit from improved reproduction?
John Moes, Moes Ranch, Flourance, S.D.
- How I profit from improved reproduction?
Danny Schiefelbein, Schiefelbein Farms, Kimball, Minn.
- Hitting the target for a high-quality product
Dr. Larry Corah, vice president, Certified Angus Beef LLC, Manhattan, Kan.
- Improving reproduction to improve longevity in the herd, Dr. Eric Mousel, associate professor and department chair, Department of Agricultural Sciences, Northwest Missouri State University–Maryville
Importance of estrus
- Physiological factors that increase pregnancy rate following artificial insemination, Dr. Michael Smith, professor, Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri–Columbia
- Control of estrus in heifers, Dr. David Patterson, professor, Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri–Columbia
- Control of estrus in cows, Dr. Cliff Lamb, professor and extension beef cattle specialist, North Florida Research and Education Center, Department of Animal Science, University of Florida–Marianna
Inseminator Efficiency and Male fertility
- Insemination-related factors affecting fertilization in cattle, Dr. Joe Dalton, associate professor, Department of Animal and Veterinary Science, University of Idaho Caldwell Research and Extension Center
- Managing bull development to optimize fertility, Dr. Albert Barth, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Control of estrus with natural service, Dr. Carl Dahlen, assistant professor and beef cattle specialist, Department of Animal Science, North Dakota State University–Fargo
- DNA testing: What we know, what we don’t know, and how we can use it, Dr. Michael Gonda, assistant professor, Department of Animal Science, South Dakota State University–Brookings
- Using DNA to determine the performance and economics of commercial herd bulls in multi-sire natural-service breeding groups, Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam
- What we know about the genetics of reproduction, Dr. Robert Cushman, research physiologist, Roman L. Hruska U.S. Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Neb.
the a.i. technique
- Estrus Synch Planner, Dr. Sandy Johnson, associate professor and livestock specialist, Department of Animal Science, Kansas State University–Colby
- Semen handling, Dr. Brad Stroud, Stroud Veterinary Embryo Service, Weatherford, Texas
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Herd fertility And nutrition
- Nutritional influences on reproduction: energy and protein, Dr. Scott Lake, assistant professor and beef cattle specialist, Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming–Laramie
- Mineral nutrition and its impact on reproduction, Dr. Cody Wright, professor, Department of Animal Science, South Dakota State University–Brookings
- Fetal programming: Implications for cattle production, Dr. Rick Funston, associate professor, University of Nebraska West Central Research and Extension Center, North Platte, Neb.
management of stress
- Handling stress, Dr. Reinaldo Cooke, assistant professor and beef cattle specialist, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Oregon State University–Burns
- Heifer development, Dr. George Perry, associate professor and beef reproduction specialist, Department of Animal Science, South Dakota State University–Brookings
- Changes in gody condition on oocyte quality and embryo survival, Dr. Allen Bridges, assistant professor, North Central Research and Outresearch Center, University of Minnesota–Grand Rapids
vaccination and Pregnancy determination
- Management considerations to minimize reproductive diseases, Dr. Russell Daly, extension veterinarian and associate professor, State Public Health Veterinarian, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Science, South Dakota State University–Brookings
- How to get the most out of your vaccination program, Dr. Chris Chase, professor, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, South Dakota State University–Brookings
- Pregnancy determination: Palpation and beyond, Dr. Matthew Lucy, professor, Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri–Columbia
sexed semen and embryo Transfer
- Embryo transfer: Are efficiencies improving?, Dr. John Hasler, technical consultant, Bioniche Animal Health Inc., Fort Collins, Colo.
- Managing embryo transfer to improve success, Dr. Cliff Lamb, professor and extension beef cattle specialist, North Florida Research and Education Center, Department of Animal Science, University of Florida–Marianna
- Sexed semen: How we sex it and the best use for it, Dr. George Seidel, distinguished professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Colorado State University–Fort Collins
- Can sexed semen work in your herd?, Dr. John Hall, professor and extension beef specialist and superintendent, University of Idaho Nancy M. Cummings Research Extension and Education Center, Carmen, Idaho
Pre-conference News & Notes
- LiveAuction.tv and Angus Productions Inc. will provide live video stream, post-event coverage of Dec. 3-4 symposium.
Site sponsored by…
In cooperation with
Other API event sites ...
- Cattle Industry Convention
- Beef Improvement Federation
- National Angus Conference
- Range Beef Cow Symposium
Visit API's topic library ...
The topic sites in our library offer gateways to information on body condition scoring, beef cow efficiency, country-of-origin labeling, targeting the Certified Angus Beef® brand and more.